Great food and great memories.
Anthony Piccolo’s serves up the best Italian Steakhouse food in Omaha.
With a mobile venue food truck, event space located just south of downtown, and off-site catering services, we’re continuing our family tradition of serving great food to a new generation of guests.
Scott Sheehan grew up at the red-checkered tables of Piccolo Pete’s, his grandfather’s restaurant that bore the honor of being one of the oldest family restaurants in Omaha and a Warren Buffett favorite. “Grandpa’s food was the best I ever had. The lifelong memories I have of him and the restaurant are ones I’ll always treasure.” Piccolo’s first opened in 1934 as Piccolo Pete’s, and various family members operated the restaurant throughout the years until it closed in 2015.
Scott launched Anthony Piccolo’s Mobile Venue in 2014, and has brought his own flair and style to the new operation and menu. At Anthony Piccolo’s, you’ll find familiar Italian Steakhouse classics and fun new favorites, and plenty of great memories to be made.
The Piccolo’s Timeline
- Joseph Piccolo purchases our historic property in 1922. Over 90 years later, we’re still here.
- On August 10th, 1934, Anthony Piccolo’s Bar, Grill, and Dance Hall opens to the public.
- Dancing is put on hold in the late 1960s, and Piccolo’s becomes a sit-down family steakhouse.
- Piccolo’s continues to grow as an Omaha staple throughout the 1970s and 1980s.
- In 1983, Anthony Piccolo invests $1 million to add 150 seats to the restaurant.
- In 2005, Warren Buffett becomes a Piccolo’s regular.
- In September of 2014, Scott Anthony Sheehan and business partner Maria Hernandez launch Anthony Piccolo’s mobile venue.
- In 2017, Anthony Piccolo’s transitions from its restaurant roots to an event venue and catering service.
A Favorite of the Rich and Famous
For over 75 years, some of the world’s most rich and famous have chosen Piccolo’s. From business titans like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates to musical icons like Jimmy Buffett, Piccolo’s has been honored to host these significant guests, and we can’t wait to meet you!